Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Big Day


August 2, 2008 was a big day for me. I made my normal “to do” list as I had my morning coffee, then promptly ignored it as the gravitational pull of my computer sucked me into editing Spirits Among Us. Over the last several days I had been working with the musician who was helping me with the music score. On this special Saturday I began blending his music into the movie along with several song from another artist, that I had forgotten about. I worked about 15 hrs with only one break to have dinner and watch a movie with my wife. Okay, I admit I did stop for bathroom breaks, I’m not an animal.

I actually had a breakthrough on some final scenes needed to round out the movie. So, for part of the day I was in the attic, dressed in heavy black clothing shooting a few scenes. If you are familiar with Texas summers, you know that the attic is the last place you want to be. I know some readers of this blog (Bob, John, Dawn) that can confirm that.

As a result, the movie went from “hmmm, I guess this will be okay” to “hey! This is starting to look like my vision. In fact, this is pretty darn good!” I am really, very, extremely excited about this movie for the first time since shooting the scenes about one year ago. Up to this point I just wasn’t certain that it would all come together. I can now see the finished product, just a few more tweaks and adjustments and this will be a movie worth watching that will put important Biblical truths in front of every viewer. It was definitely a God-inspired day for me. It is Sunday now, and I’m putting all this work aside to celebrate and worship.

The photo is something I’m playing around with for the dvd cover art.

No comments: