Friday, January 23, 2009

Big Deal


It may not be a big deal to anyone else, but getting my first royalty check from the distributor of Spirits Among Us was a HUGE deal to me. I know it is not a good enough movie to bring me fame and fortune. However, it does give me some credibility as a producer/director, it does appear it will bring in a fair amount of money, and most importantly it puts a Christ-centered message in front of viewers. To have produced a Christ-centered movie that will actually be seen by people across the nation is a dream come true. To get paid is a bonus!

Achievement of this milestone has further convinced me that I was designed for making Christian movies for a living, and helping others to do the same.

My next steps are to finish forming my team of advisors, forming a team to help plan events and productions, and make plans to have the first DGW/Yeshua Media sponsored event for Christians who wish to serve God through media. These are big steps, thankfully God has been making my legs longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am rejoicing with you. It is an affirmation that Ray Jenkins is indeed in the professional movie making business! You should make a color copy of the check before cashing and put it up on the wall above your computer as an encouragement to press forward with new projects. ... The best part of all this is that I can say to others, "I know that guy!"